Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17
FreeDOS

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a HP Pavilion Gaming 17 that came FreeDOS. 

So I bought a USB key with windows 10 installer on it.

My problem is that the key don't seem to be recognized by my new computer as it don't show on the Boot Manager when I launch the computer. I already enabled the USB Boot option in the BIOS but it didn't changed anything, I also tried all the USB ports of the computer (as I saw on some forum post that a problem of compabilibility with USB 2 and 3 could be the root of the problem) but still no change.

The usb key itself seems to be working fine as I had no problem to acces the files via another computer.

So I came here to get some help with this issue.

Thanks in advance,

PS: please excuse me if you see some mistakes in my writting as I'm not an english native speeker.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just a quick update on my situation : I was able to make the computer recognize my usb key, by... using another usb key with all the files copied on it to install windows. But now, I'm unable to install windows 10 on the computer. 

I have acces to the installer menue, everything is going fine, I can go up to the part the computer says it's installing windows 10. But then it relaunch itself at the end, and nothing has changed.WP_20200917_14_22_36_Pro.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.