03-25-2020 08:16 AM
While i was playing a video game, my laptop (Hp omen 15) crashes and blue screen comes that says "Your PC has ran into a probelm , please wait while we repair".
And it was stuck at 0% for 2 hours .
So i switched my laptop off and switched it on again and after the omen loading screen, I see "Boot device not found
Please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard disk- 3FO
F2 - System diagnostics
For more information, visit : wwww.hp.com/go/techcentre/startup"
I hav tried everything I cld , I checked system diagnostics and ran hard drive check ( both quick and extensive) and passed both
I also reset my bios to default and saved changes and it still shows the same .
I need a quick solution and I need to get it done without erasing my data because I hav submissions and projects saved.
This was so sudden . It wld be greatful if anyone helped
03-27-2020 03:54 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I recommend you perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
Firstly, let's perform a Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next: Restore BIOS default settings.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. (If the error message displays proceed to the next step)
- Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
- Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.
- Click the Quick Test.
- Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives. The Quick Test begins.
- If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.
When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.
If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee