Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

okay I've had nothing but problems with this 2200 laptop fom day one. I'm actually so surprised I haven't busted it an be done with it instead I do nothing an drive myself crazy. My last laptop was 400 dollars an sure it wouldn't play AAA games but it worked or it didn't not this bunch of crap it does. I have never been so disappointed with a 2200 dollar purchase in my life. I mean I should start building these things doesn't take a smart person to invent something that works like this. with that said i'll tell the latest issues trying to fix another issue created this super issue. this thing likes to copy things 2x I bought another 2 tb external hard drive cuz having to have things copied 2x takes more space then just a small 2 tb. so trying to fix it from copying things 2x I went into my users an deleted all users except admin thinking that was the reason why it was copying things 2x well now my c;? drive won't work its there shows its good but can't do a thing. for the second time I was forced to formate 1st time support couldn't figure it out, an everybody says just erase everything well on top of losing everything again which I do a lot of editing an making music to all lose again well it won't even formate this issue sure it erased everything else of course but stoped formatting at 71% so it put me threw all the crap of getting it all going signing in like a brand new laptop, did absoluitely what was wanted but no then problem is still there, an now everything on that c drive can't be downloaded at all so everything that I use this thing for can't be done nothings broken hard drives not damaged which I wish it was cuz then I could use the external no it just screws you over instead. thank god this is just a laptop cuz lifes would be takenb had it been a plane invented instead, just absoluitely  junk. I've googled everything for the past 26 hours trying to fix this an everything eventually comes to i'm spelling it wrong or windows can't access can't delete can't download anything thats on c drive like why the heck would windows work then? its on c drive like I said just to drive you crazy. I don't get it my old 400 laptop would work or it wouldn't not this half work stuff. omen has very expensive gear saw a moni

Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have 2, 2tb HD 7200 rpm the problem is I deleted a user that had c drive on it I'm pretty sure, so I had to wipe the whole operating system aswell to bypass the problem

Mike

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi' it is difficult to understand your post, let alone your actual problem. It looks like you have some kind of file retention enabled on your PC that works kinda like RAID 1, but on a filesystem level.

What is the size of the partition and what is the actual capacity of your storage?

HP Recommended

Hey 

Mike
HP Recommended

Hey so my laptop was doubling all downloads somehow so I tried to delete AL users except administration now my c drive won't communicate at all I can't erase stuff off of it an everything that's downloaded on it I cant download an there is 1.4 Tbs on it I've factory reset 2x I can't go into computer manage disk manage my drives are all good there is like 20 people working on it even on other sites no one knows 

Mike
HP Recommended

I have 2, 2tb HD 7200 rpm the problem is I deleted a user that had c drive on it I'm pretty sure, so I had to wipe the whole operating system aswell to bypass the problem

Mike
HP Recommended

The only way It was possible to be fixed is I had to totally wipe the hard drive even with the windows on it, an flash a new windows 10 on that cuz I had the original harddrive I could boot windows without a new key

Mike
HP Recommended

had to wipe the whole hard drive with windows an all to fix it

Mike
HP Recommended

what I was doing was i'd send files to d./ drive thinking it would erase the file, but I later learned it doesn't erase it, that's why I was doubling everything

Mike
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.