Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP OMEN 15 dc0051nr

Core i7 8750H, 

16 GB RAM 

GTX 1060 (6GB) 

This was an issue I've been dealing with for a long time, the CPU and GPU temps are all over the place. While playing GTA V on ULTRA settings the CPU reaches 95°C and GPU reaches 90-92°C.

I tried undervolting the CPU using throttlestop and set the cache offset voltage to -140mv. Under stress test the CPU reaches about 68-70°C and I know that's fine, but when gaming, the CPU temps gradually reach upto 95°C. Also I noticed, at 98% usage the GPU temps also rise up to 90°C . I was able to get a stable 60fps but I'm worried about the temperatures. While playing Assassins Creed Odyssey, the temperatures rise up quickly, although the fps is around 50-55 Average. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated please help. 

Also I noticed, my fans start late after undervolting.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@silverfang1408 (interested in horror genre's, is it? nice handle though, scary but nice!) 😉

That said, Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, you could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for a gaming PC to heat up, and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.