Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc414nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For a month or so now, I've noticed that my 2 year old laptop's performance significantly decreased while it was plugged in, to the point where if i want to work/play anything properly without significant and terrible lag, I'd have to do so with my laptop unplugged. I've looked online for ways to fix it through control panel and power options, and nothing has worked. High performance makes no difference, as long as the laptop is plugged in, no matter what I'm doing on it, the CPU speed stays at a constant 0.40 GHz. As soon as I unplug it however, the CPU speed goes up to 2, even 2.50 GHz.

What could be causing this issue?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.