Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming dk-0045tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am using HP Pavilion Gaming dk-0045tx laptop, with i5-9300h and gtx 1050. The problem is 

1. while I play any game, CPU speed is at max i.e 4Ghz but CPU usage is under 30%, so is it safe that CPU speed is always at max while gaming?

2. CPU temps are over 95 degrees Celsius, even if i reduce graphics still temps are over 85 degrees Celsius, how to keep my temps under control?

3. Even the laptop is branded as "Gaming Laptop", I couldn't find an application to monitor CPU, GPU and Memory usage and temps by the HP, while other brands like MSI have Afterburner. Why?

These are the problems that are causing me everyday.

If any expert or gaming experts or HP team could resolve this, it would help a lot of people, because this is new lineup from HP, and already the problems are showing up!

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@9ightcor3 I'm afraid the features aren't available for this device,

And it looks like all of the above can be done in our Omen series of computers: click here to view

I hope you understand,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@9ightcor3 Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues, you could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for a gaming PC to heat up, and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@9ightcor3 I'm afraid the features aren't available for this device,

And it looks like all of the above can be done in our Omen series of computers: click here to view

I hope you understand,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.