Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop 15-fa1000 (9P832AV)

I need help with my wifi.

Yesterday everything was fine and I was able to connect to the 5ghz wifi, but today my laptop couldn't find the 5ghz wifi but can find the 2.4ghz one. I tried restarting my pc and my router but it still can't find it. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @NightAspect,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue specifically with your laptop's ability to detect the 5GHz Wi-Fi network. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Update Wi-Fi Drivers: Sometimes, outdated or corrupted Wi-Fi drivers can cause connectivity issues. You can try updating your Wi-Fi drivers to see if that resolves the problem. You can usually find the latest drivers on the HP website.
  • Check Wi-Fi Adapter Settings: Make sure that your Wi-Fi adapter settings are configured to detect 5GHz networks. Sometimes, these settings can be adjusted in the device manager or network settings.
  • Reset Router: Although you've already restarted your router, it might be worth trying a more thorough reset. You can usually do this by pressing and holding the reset button on the router for about 10-15 seconds. Just be aware that this will reset all settings on the router, so you may need to reconfigure it afterward.
  • Check Router Settings: Ensure that your router is broadcasting the 5GHz network and that it's not set to a hidden SSID. You can check these settings in your router's configuration page, usually accessed through a web browser.
  • Move Closer to Router: Sometimes, distance and obstructions can affect the ability of your laptop to detect the 5GHz network. Try moving closer to the router to see if that helps.
  • Verify 5GHz Support: Double-check that your laptop's Wi-Fi adapter actually supports the 5GHz band. While most modern laptops do, it's worth confirming just to be sure.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, there might be a hardware problem with either your laptop's Wi-Fi adapter or the router itself.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @NightAspect,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be an issue specifically with your laptop's ability to detect the 5GHz Wi-Fi network. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Update Wi-Fi Drivers: Sometimes, outdated or corrupted Wi-Fi drivers can cause connectivity issues. You can try updating your Wi-Fi drivers to see if that resolves the problem. You can usually find the latest drivers on the HP website.
  • Check Wi-Fi Adapter Settings: Make sure that your Wi-Fi adapter settings are configured to detect 5GHz networks. Sometimes, these settings can be adjusted in the device manager or network settings.
  • Reset Router: Although you've already restarted your router, it might be worth trying a more thorough reset. You can usually do this by pressing and holding the reset button on the router for about 10-15 seconds. Just be aware that this will reset all settings on the router, so you may need to reconfigure it afterward.
  • Check Router Settings: Ensure that your router is broadcasting the 5GHz network and that it's not set to a hidden SSID. You can check these settings in your router's configuration page, usually accessed through a web browser.
  • Move Closer to Router: Sometimes, distance and obstructions can affect the ability of your laptop to detect the 5GHz network. Try moving closer to the router to see if that helps.
  • Verify 5GHz Support: Double-check that your laptop's Wi-Fi adapter actually supports the 5GHz band. While most modern laptops do, it's worth confirming just to be sure.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, there might be a hardware problem with either your laptop's Wi-Fi adapter or the router itself.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.