Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-10-2020 03:54 PM - edited 05-10-2020 03:56 PM
I have not had any issues like this one before, and for the life of me cannot figure it out! I am sure I have overlooked something. Please, advise.
- Omen Command Center (OCC) does not provide game stream to my android device (Samsung Galaxy S10)
//ON THE HOST PC//
1. When using the Host PC version of OCC none of my games are listed and attempting to update the list yields no results. I have tried the refresh button near the top and I have also tried the "+" button on the bottom. No games are identified as .exe files (presumably) and I have made sure to pin them to the Start menu.
2. When I click the drop down menu on the left inside the program and select "Remote Play", I am greeted by the remote play screen with my host pc listed left and my android device on the right. My android device says "Online" but there are no indicators next to my host pc (not sure if there are supposed to be, thought there was a button that allowed me to change the name before though.)
//ON THE ANDROID DEVICE//
1. Upon opening the OCC Application I am greeted immediately by the Remote Play screen where it used to list my games and favorites and at the bottom it allows me to use remote desktop. There are no games listed here at all, but no matter- I click the "Launch as remote desktop" button on the bottom
2. The screen then displays the loading symbol (a white diamond that breaks and apart and pulls itself back together again) and approximately 1 second later the screen goes black. (IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT IF YOU LOOK ON THE HOST PC AT THIS TIME UNDER THE STREAM TAB, BOTH THE HOST AND THE ANDROID SAY STREAMING FOR APPROX 2 SECONDS)
3. After that, the screen on the android displays a message that reads:
There seems to be an issue with your network, please stand by or try again later
Now, I have spent a few hours doing my own diagnostic runs on software. I have uninstalled OCC on both devices, done full restarts, and then reinstalled and signed back in - same results.
I even updated my microsoft store to insure that I was getting the correct software.
I have attempted to use my android device on both the WIFI and the 4g connections
My BIOS was updated
I have all windows updates that are available (have run the check multiple times now)
I have insured the the HP Omen HSA Service is set to running - automatic
I also navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server and fDenyTSConnections key is 0, which denotes that it is ENABLED.
I believe that not too long ago (a month or so) I was playing around with this program and it was functioning correctly. The only thing I can deduce from this is that the most recent update to windows has absolutely immobilized my OCC application. I do not wish to go back to the older versions before the update but I will consider it if it is necessary. I hope you and yours are doing well, and I look forward to hearing from you.
05-14-2020 07:04 PM
UPDATE: My games are now listing, as they are supposed to. And when I go to click one to play from the client (android samsung galaxy 10) it will open the program .exe on my host omen computer but then the client device will say the same thing as before "there seems to be an issue with your network, please stand by or try again later."
05-24-2020 09:10 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you
Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.
Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -
Step 1 Windows Updates -
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant
1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant.
2. Check for updates.
3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
05-25-2020 12:47 PM
I had previously searched for updates via windows updates and also updating through the HP Support Assistant. However, I did so again just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I did find a new update that must be extremely recent. I updated my PC and did a full restart to finalize its installation. I then attempted to use the Omen Remote Play feature again, yielding the same results as before. I get the same message
There seems to be an issue with your network, please stand by or try again later."
Nothing I have done has resulted in a change in that part. I have been able to restore my games list on my Omen Command Center. I can also see my games list on the client (android) device. I only have issues when I try to use Remote Play / Remote Desktop.
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled fresh copies of OCC on both the host and client devices and updated them accordingly. I have also installed the original, raw, un-updated versions to see if there is a difference. That only resulted in total application failure. Therefore, I updated them to the newest versions and am still experiencing this issue.
05-27-2020 03:57 PM
Thank you for posting back.
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee