Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
FreeDOS

I bought today notebook HP pavilion 17 gaming cd2044ur with freeDos. Wanted to install Windows 10 but had an issue with non-raid physical disk. I need to download driver for my new notebook but support.hp.com doesn't work for me no matter how I try. It always opens with 403 forbidden error

I have no idea what to do because I can't install windows and can't use my notebook

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is a special process needed to install W10/W11 on notebooks with the new Intel 11th gen core processors...

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111776.exe

There is an error in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

No doubt you will have the same issue, so download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 1st file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp111776), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

Now I am getting the same error as you are when I went to post the direct links to some of the drivers for your notebook.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1642533532653.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if you can open the link to the 17-cd2000 base model notebook series.

Игровой ноутбук HP Pavilion 17,3", 17-cd2000 Загрузки ПО и драйверов | Служба поддержки HP®

You can use all of the drivers from this model series on yours.

HP Recommended

Thanks but I just can't open the link because of 403 forbidden error

HP Recommended

The problem must be on your end because the link works fine for me.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1642530965406.png

Try another browser perhaps.

HP Recommended

Ohh.. Okay, thanks then

Already tried different devices and still have the same error. Don't know what to do so I'll keep trying to find solution on my end

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is a special process needed to install W10/W11 on notebooks with the new Intel 11th gen core processors...

See the info at the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-f2000-laptop-pc-series/35900344/model/35900346/document/c...

Here is the link to the driver you need...

This package contains the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Rapid Storage Technology is designed to provide functionality for the Intel Storage Controllers. The driver improves Serial ATA (SATA) disk performance with Native Command Queuing.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111501-112000/sp111776.exe

There is an error in that document, and that is where HP tells you to right click on the Intel driver file and select Extract to

When I ran through the steps, I don't get an Extract to option when I right click on the file.

No doubt you will have the same issue, so download and install the free 7-zip file utility from the link below.

The 1st file at the top of the page is for 64 bit.

7-Zip (7-zip.org)

Then you can right click on the exe file, select 7-Zip from the menu, and select Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp111776), and copy that folder to your USB flash drive, and continue with the instructions.

Now I am getting the same error as you are when I went to post the direct links to some of the drivers for your notebook.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1642533532653.png

HP Recommended

It works, thank you!

Also I had accepted to support.hp a few times but only if I deleted cookies every time I open the page

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

The support page link seems to be working for me now too.

There were many links not working and giving that error, so HP must have had a major problem and fixed it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.