Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 dc1093tx

I own a HP OMEN 15 Dc 1093tx , I was trying to undervolt it with xtu. But I discovered that xtu doesn't open after installing giving error like "Validation Signature failed one or more files may be missing" .

I tried few solution's which didn't work-

1) Reinstalling xtu by deleting folders inside Program Files.

2)Reinstalled windows 10

I tried undervolting with throttlestop but, xtu will be more better.

Hoping for any answer/solution.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Pranav861 , welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you use Revo Unistaller to remove XTU from your computer.  It will not only remove the app, but it removes any remnants in the Registry.  I use the Advanced option.  When you simply remove the files in the app folder, it leaves a lot of remnants of the app in the BIOS.  This can cause problems when you try to reinstall it.

If this doesn't solve your problem, you should go to the Support website for XTU to see if they have a solution to your problem.  I don't believe that it is caused by HP components.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you sir for your attention, as I already mentioned that I had done a clean reinstall of windows 10.

Doesn't it enough to remove that software?

Also,I have  searched a lot for this issue and no solution is working for me and in this reasearch process I have encountered that many HP OMEN users had this problem.

I will try your solution and will report you asap.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Pranav861!

Q:  Doesn't it enough to remove that software?

A:  It should be enough.  However, there is still a glitch somewhere in the system.

You have to realize that XTU is not an HP app.  It is provided by Intel to overclock their processors.  Therefore, it may not be compatible with every other app on your system.  I have used it for years without any problems.

HP Recommended

It works with asus abd lenovo notebooks with same processor.

My friend owns Asus Rog and he uses it

HP Recommended

@Pranav861, as I suggested in my previous post, you should go to XTU Support Page to see if you can find an answer.  They are the experts on their app.  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  This may be the problem.  However, I have used XTU on two Omen laptops and two Omen desktops with no problems.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.