Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (457S2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

In my Hp Victus 16-e0162AX there is no charging stop limit(ex. 80%)...even in the BIOS settings.So it's impossible to plugin and play without making the battery reach 100%...(which is injurious for battery health). Even when I manually off the charger at 80%, performance lows down...and that's very annoying. Now what can I do?

Will this problem be solved in future with bios update....or this will remain forever?... Please help..

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @S001 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

The <maximize battery health> function is not yet supported in your BIOS version. A future update might support this. However, this is not certain.

I recommend using up the battery to 30% remaining capacity 1 to 2 times per month and then recharging it. Then it should last longer.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hello .@Ub6424

Glad to receive your help ....but that's a DIY solution. Even some normal laptops have Charging limit . Hp should definitely add this usefull feature in this popular gaming laptop.

Thanks....

HP Recommended

You're welcome !

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.