Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-29-2021 01:16 PM
I understand that you have a hp omen 15 and the battery, not charging. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps.
While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
NOTE: You may skip any steps that have been performed by you already.
- Power off the laptop.
- Remove the battery out. If the battery is integrated and does not have a latch to release it then leave the battery inside the laptop.
- Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
- Power ON the laptop.
Now let us uninstall the battery drivers and reinstall them. The following steps will help:
- Open the device manager.
- Expand "Batteries". Right-click on the ACPI battery drivers and select uninstall. If there are multiple entries of the ACPI battery drivers then uninstall them all.
- Close the device manager. Restart the laptop.
- The Windows operating system will reinstall the battery drivers while restarting.
It is a good idea to download and run a BIOS update for your laptop via this link. The charger must be connected until the BIOS update is complete to avoid any power interruptions due to the battery draining out.
Post a successful BIOS update, you may check if the battery charges fully. If not then please perform the steps as described in detail in this HP document. These steps help in testing and calibrating the battery.
NOTE: Please skip the steps mentioned in "Test and calibrate the battery using HP Support Assistant".
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community