Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming 15 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I wanted to completely get rid of the igpu. Some laptops can disable hybrid graphics from the bios. The main thing is that this laptop has 144hz and this uhd630 isn't capable enough to render everything at the expected fps when there are a few things on the screen. I know that the signal from the main gpu is passed through the igpu and if you disable it from device manager everything is going to be rendered by the cpu itself, and don't tell me to go to nvidia control panel, high performance.... 

1: I was able to disable the igpu by connecting the laptop to a tv through hdmi but it's a cheap 200$ basic tv so I don't like it as much. By connecting it through hdmi the signal passes directly to the tv screen so you don't need the igpu to pass signal anymore (except bios and uefi boot logo which would run only on the laptop's screen)

2. There's no solution to this problem but what can be done? -connect the laptop to a tv/monitor -hp would releasea a bios update which allows us to disable hybrid graphics(as it's called on other higher end hp laptops yes it exists) -throw it on the window 

Thanks for reading, also those are my specs:

i5 9300h 

1650 oc

8gb single(7.89 usable because the igpu uses that 0.11 as vram)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@raresvls, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

May I have the exact model name of the product?

Refer to this document for steps to find the product details.

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

7QD49EA#AKE

Sorry for a late response

HP Recommended

Hi@raresvls, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Sorry for a late response

Request you to follow the below document:-Maintenance and Service Guide

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.