Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17 an106ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Spoiler

Hello, community!

In Early May I bought notebook HP OMEN AN106UR and since that moment i  concerned with one question :

»Does the cooling system perform its duty properly?”

OMEN Command center allows me to know the temperature of components. And I can easily agree with the temperature of GPU. I think it’s optimal. But... CPU ... it worries me.

It’s 48-51C without any load and  84/6 -91/3C under load (like Mordhau) 

My processor is Intel Core i7-8750H (I know that it’s critical temp is 100C, but but the smaller temp. is, the better for notebook.

Are these temperatures normal and I have to accept them as a matter of fact? Or... System should work better and I have to worry? Notebook is new and I want to know what to do : to run through guarantee centres or to somehow manage to deal with this temp?

Is there any method to check the work of the cooling system?  Any way to test the cooling system of my laptop without opening it? Any utility or something like it.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I cannot be of much help, my OMEN 17t-an100 is doing very similarly to your's however mine will sit right at 99°C. The CPU isn't made for that kind of temperature strain and its already taking its toll on my system.

All i can recommend to you is this:

Use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel XTU) to undervolt your processor very slowly. It is 100% safe and if you undervolt too much, the system will crash, but always will recover to Default setting when you boot up again as a failsafe. I tried that on mine but mine was too picky and would only allow me to go as low as -0.010v before becoming unstable.... You should have better luck though... you could try about -0.110v or -0.125v and see if that helps any.

HP Recommended

i agree with undervolting i have mine undervolted to -125 with no problem  and its like -10 degrees celcius doing that. still i prefer iusing  throtllestop  than XTU.

You can also add a cooling pad for when notebook is plugged in

HP Recommended

Is Cooling pad a useful thing? 

HP Recommended

i use one from cooler master and it helps cooling the notepad while gaming  

HP Recommended

The cooling pad's are very useful, they help out my 8 Year old ASUS ROG greatly....

As for the HP, I would recommend you try it, because I cannot give you any accurate information on this at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.