Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen 15-dc1009tx

I bought this product recently from an hp outlet. The listing on amazon and hp and other websites and the information provided by the dealer was that this product, Hp omen 15-dc 1009tx, has a 4k screen with 144hz refresh rate. However upon receiving this product i see that the refresh rate is 60Hz. What should i do in this situation?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @ThePoet01 .

Ive looked up your specs and cannot find any information leading to, or stating144Hz refresh rate for a 4K panel.

Any of the Omen systems that come with a 4K panel are only going to be 60Hz.

Even though you have an RTX 2070 graphics card, its still not enough power to game at 4K with 144Hz.

You would have to have a serious custom desktop with an SLI config for 144Hz 4K gaming, even at this day and age.

So you need to decide if you want High Refresh Rates "or" 4K.  It does not and cannot come with both.

Page 2 of the manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

HP Recommended

I will also add, if you are also wanting to utilize Nvidia G-sync, you will have to get a model in that dc1000 series that has the RTX 2070 graphics card and a 1080p 240Hz refresh rate panel. The lower Hz 1080p panels do not have gsync ability, nor will any model with an RTX 2060 or less.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.