tinygnu
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Display type

HP Recommended
omen 17-cb002ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hoping someone know what type of display is on this laptop. I am really liking the clarity and want a similar external monitor as my current gaming Samsung  I have appears to be washed out in comparison. ( 60/75/120/144 hz   4k ips  tn  led )  Any information appreciated as all the literature says is 17.3 HD  which in all honesty means diddly squat about its actual design.

3 REPLIES 3
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,953 2,888 392 1,257
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @tinygnu,

This was the most I could find:

The OMEN by HP 17-cb0002ca has a 43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED (1920 x 1080).

It covers 72% of the NTSC colour gamut (which is essentially equal to 100% of the sRGB colour gamut).

It supports a maximum of 300 nits of brightness.

It is anti-glare, UWVA (ultra-wide viewing angle), slim, narrow bezel, and it is Microsoft® HDR streaming capable. It also has either eDP 1.2 or 1.4, I can't figure that out though.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
tinygnu
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any chance you happen to have the refresh spec for monitor?. I have seen anywhere from 60Hz to 144Hz on Omen 17 laptops.

0 Kudos
EddyK
Level 11
Level 11
2,953 2,888 392 1,257
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh right, sorry.

This model only supports 60Hz.

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation