cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
photopik
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Docking Station compatibility

HP Recommended
HP TB DOCK G2 w/COMBO CABLE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In December 2020 I purchased an Omen I7 laptop and Dock G2 w/Combo Cable from the HP website.  The barrel size of the charging plug is smaller than the port on the laptop.  How do I correct this?  Or do I need to return the Docking Station and get something else?  Looking for help from an HP Customer Care representative.  

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
96,910 65,078 12,562 21,451
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@photopik 

Are you talking about the folliwing dock ?

https://store.hp.com/au-en/default/hp-thunderbolt-dock-g2-with-combo-cable-3tr87aa.html

As you can see, It is ONLY compatible with the following machines

HP Elite x2 1012 G1; HP Elite x2 1012 G2; HP Pro x2 612 G2; HP EliteBook Folio G1; HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2; HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2; HP EliteBook 1040 G4; HP EliteBook 800 G5; HP EliteBook 700 G5; HP ProBook 600 G4; HP ProBook 400 G5; ZBook 14u G5; ZBook 15u G5; HP ZBook 17 G3; HP ZBook 15 G3; HP ZBook 17 G4; HP ZBook 15 G4

Please return it and review the following list and compare pro/con few options before make the final decision to buy:

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
photopik
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes.  That is the one.  I did not notice a compatibility issue when ordering on line last month.  I will pack it back up in the box and packing material it came in and send it back.  Thanks for your help.  

photopik
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just looked through the Docking Station link you sent me and I do not see the Omen I7 computer listed. I don't find the name "omen" in the document at all.  Is the HP Omen known by any other name in this document?  

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation