cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Energy Safe Modus

HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-CB1902NG
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I have a 17 Inch Omen with i7 and Nvidia RTX . The Akku runtime is terrible ! I need it some times in my school for four hours. I write in microsoft word and look some short videos. I have start the energy safe mode in windows and stop the key lights. the screen light is with the energy safe mode darker.
can i any settings find for a little more runtime ?

thx

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,017 18,976 826 878
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wuche

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use these tips to change the power consumption of the computer to conserve battery power.

1. Reduce the number of open applications. Each open software application uses memory and power, even when the application window is minimized. Close software applications to conserve battery power.

2. Reduce the brightness of the screen to the minimum readable level. Use the function keys to adjust the brightness or use the display settings in Windows.

3. Remove peripherals when not in use. External hard drives and other peripheral devices can draw power from your battery even when they are not in use. Disconnect peripheral devices when you are finished using them.

4. Reduce the speed of your processor. The faster your computer works, the more quickly it depletes battery power. You can extend the charge of your battery by slowing down the processor speed.

5. Turn off the wireless function. Wireless connections draw battery power. When wireless capability is not needed, turn it off. Press the Wireless On-Off button so that the wireless feature and wireless light turn off.

6. Change the power option setting. Select either HP Recommended or Power saver to conserve battery power.

Recommendations for battery usage and storage are included in the user guide for your computer. Additional battery care practices are as follows:

• Store batteries between 20°C and 25°C (68°F and 77°F) with 80 - 90% charge.

• Do not disassemble, crush, or puncture a battery, and do not short the external contacts on a battery.

WARNING: Keep batteries away from children. Batteries can be a choking and poison hazard.
  • Do not leave batteries exposed to elevated temperatures for extended periods. Prolonged exposure to heat (inside a hot car, for example) accelerates the deterioration of battery cells.

• Long term battery storage:

1. Charge or discharge the battery to 80 - 90%.

2. Place the notebook into ship mode per your user guide. Refer to your notebook user guide to determine if your computer supports this feature.

3. Check the battery charge every three months. If the battery charge falls below 50%, charge the battery to 80 - 90%, and then repeat the steps in the user guide to put the computer back into ship mode.

NOTE: For the steps to put a business computer into ship mode, go to the Battery storage recommendations section in this document.
  • For best performance, use only the battery provided with the computer, a replacement battery provided by HP, or a compatible battery purchased as an accessory. If you have a choice of battery types to use with your computer, use the type of battery with the highest capacity rating.

• To maintain the battery, run Battery Check using HP Support Assistant. Under normal usage, batteries should be calibrated a minimum of once every two to three months. However, a battery that is rarely discharged fully should be calibrated about once a month.

Go to HP Support Assistant to download and install the software. Run the test, and then calibrate the battery based on the results.

For more information, go to Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows) for detailed steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation