Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Victus Gaming Laptop 15.  I was trying to play games (specifically Halo Infinite), on my TV, a Vizio which is less than 5 years old.  The games I play will run fine on my laptop screen, 60fps or above and good 3D models.  However, when I connect it to my TV, either through the HDMI port of a USB-C port, the game will rarely go above 30fps, and the 3D models will often look like an N64 game.  I think that the laptop is using the intel processor rather than the Nvidia one, but I can't figure out how to change this.  I've tried all the obvious fixes, like changing the default processor from the Nvidia control panel, and changing Halo Infinite to high performance in the windows settings, but nothing has worked so far. 

Again, my laptop display has no problems whatsoever, but the TV looks terrible.  

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@theundertow 

What is your HP Victus Gaming Laptop 15 ? I know we can use nearly all games consoles to play games on TV's but using a computer to play games on TV is a different story specially with a notebook. Please use the following way to find out:

How to Find Your HP Laptop Model Number

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My product name is  'Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0xxx', and my product number is 68Y11UA#ABA.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.