Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello guys,

I am really very very happy that the solution worked.

I swear I'm happy that you can finally go back to enjoying your gaming PCs for which you have spent so much money.

don't thank me, I didn't come up with the solution.

I only shared the one given to me by an HP assistant after so many swearwords.

great at all.

enjoy yourselves

HP Recommended

Try f.02 then. Mine worked with turbo activated

HP Recommended

You can visit F 08 BIOS Update for all latest updates including Lock/Sleep update.

TechyPerson
HP Recommended

ive only tried apex legends and valorant and haven't experienced fps drops but yes the igpu is getting utilised in between and my cpu temps came at a maximum of 91 degree Celsius . What games have you tried playing ? i remember getting fps drops on gta 5 last month when i bought the laptop and i deleted it out of frustration. also had the bios problem while playing gta and apex. valorant was running fine. Now after downgrading to f.05 no more locking and stuff but im a bit concerned about my cpu hitting 91 degrees. Is that bad?

HP Recommended

Could you please try playing demanding games like Battlefield V or CoD WWII. It is frustrating that even after the bios downgrade i get fps drops and yes 91° is a bit too high, try using a cooling pad

HP Recommended

I suggest you after rollback to D.01 to F.02 because it was faster than f.05. i dunno how but i think F.05 deactivated the turbo feature. CMIIW

HP Recommended

im planning to download horizon, ill update you soon. Are you using a cooling pad? could you suggest me one.thanks in advance

HP Recommended

No bud, im not using one currently because my temps are under control but the fps drops are so annoying. I'd suggest you go for one online.

Please do update after you download and play intensive games.

HP Recommended

@Clickers99 yeah man I'm also planning to downgrade again to f.02 because I have windows 10 version 2004 64 bit and on hp site the bios compaitable for these version is F.02 , so I will try with f.02 now

HP Recommended

That's what im talking about it👍🏻

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.