DaanielG
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Fan Control/Heating

HP Recommended
Hp-Omen15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, everyone. I would like an advise in the following matter regarding fan controls and heating while gaming and idle-ing.

First i will tell what i have done, you will have a big picture and and maybe another ideea:

Problem : during games, like diablo 3 with graphics on medium, i was hitting 98 /99/97 - sources intel extreme utilities and omen comand center and also CPUID HWMonitor- i said ok.. but for this laptop should be okish to deal with it. even though hp cool sense is slacky and doin nothing or maybe it helps the computer to throtle 🙂 - Hp-Omen15-dc1xxx

I tried to adjust graphics manually and auto with GeForce experience and Nvidia settings but not any single result.

So now there is no game to play with decent graphics, excluding max, with less then 93-94 degrees and also with a cooler stand.

Idle temp is aroung 60. 

temp.jpg

Here is what i did:

1. Read topics here on the forum and cloncluded to undervolt a bit with intel extr util. so i did the offset to -0.100 V and that reduces the heat somewhere between 1- 4 degrees but if the memory ain't sufficient it 'll just load more heat.

2.Increasing virtual memory and alocating manually to different games resulted also in 1-2 degrees off, but it depends on the hard drive/ssd .

3. disabled the fan in bios, with the offset undervolted as mentioned and put on the confort spec in omen command center resulted to almost 7 degrees off but lower specs from proc and gpu. i have to mention the notebook here does not have fans control and all the bios updates done.

4.i had i cleaned before tryn those 😄

5. tried to fry an egg on it :))

what i am about to do now:

1. upgrade memory to 32 ram.

2. change the thermal paste of the proc from the stock one to grizzly kryonaut.

Anyone other ideeas please? 

thanks in advance! 

1 REPLY 1
DaanielG
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

-- the laptop has all the updates bios and windows and everything, up to date ! 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation