Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen dc0106tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI All,

I think most of the people will relate to my query.

we can't control CPU & GPU fan speed, but in some models I have seen there is an option to manually speedup the fan at all times.

My laptop will fry because I can't control the fan speed, I wanted to set fan speed at max just before starting to  playing the game, but till date no BIOS or Omen command center update didn't came which can allow us to control fan speed. 

As per my knowledge fan speed bumps up only when the temp reaches beyond 75 *C (CPU) so why cant you provide one more like comfort mode which boosts the fan speed(both) just after it reaches beyond 50 *C, this will be very helpful when we starting to play games.

HP didn't heard from last 2 years, please update BIOS and this app to provide fan control function to my model also, and if not possible then reply why it can't be done.

Waiting replies from HP support to clarify my query...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NightFury1993 

I believe HP removed this due to machines (all of them) run hot and users playing around with fans won't help therefore let heat sensors to do their work.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, but my query is why can't hp provide us a bios update/ omen command center update to add one more mode like comfort mode which decreases some temps on cpu & gpu but can run the fans at full speed at starting from lower temp range like 45-90 *C range (in this mode fan should run at max speed).

But, currently(comfort mode) fan is running only after the temp reaches 80*C that's not good for cpu and guess what the main problem is fan slows down if temps is less than 80*C just to again fry my cpu & gpu. why can't it cool down cpu always to keep the temps <55*C.

Please clarify, any future plans for bios update/ omen command center update on this because as you are saying i never got the fan control switch update in my omen command center and please reply considering my laptop model (HP omen 15 dc0106tx ) not in a generic way. 

Regards,

Manoj

HP Recommended

Hello, I would recommend opening up your laptop and replacing the thermal compound in between the CPU and the heatsink, as well as the GPU and the heatsink. It turns out that HP uses the crappiest thermal compound that wears out after a year or so and that is one of the main limiting factors to cooling performance. Even with lower fan speed, the system will be able to stay cool under loads, such as gaming. I recommend a high quality inexpensive paste called Arctic MX-4. I used it on my Pavilion and the temperatures dropped an entire 20 degrees during gaming, without the fans being pinned. Actually, the fans dropped to a much lower RPM, decreasing noise as well.

I hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.