Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17t-an100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been requesting the HP Omen team to look into adding fan control and performance control for their old omen laptops the 2018 versions but have heard NOTHING back.

They still sell these laptops on their site but refuse to add a simple software update that MANY of their customers have been requesting from them for over a year. 

Anyone with the 2018 omen laptops (15 or 17 inch) that wants them to add the max speed option like they did for the 2019 versions please comment on this thread 

I know i can't be the only one and HP should respect and support their customers wishes

Hopefully an HP mod will see this and forward it to the respective people  

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Yup, this is something we really need. It can’t be that hard to implement it to these laptops can it? You can’t just neglect us.

HP Recommended

Maximum fam speed control is what we, omen users,  are looking for every command center update. I can't stress this enough of its importance. Omen is one of the hottest machine in the market so this feature will be extremely helpful. Knowing at that time that the 2019 model is coming very soon, I  still decide to go with the 2018 model because of the design aesthetic. I never thought that this model will be ignored this fast. Only 6 months and now my laptop is outdated. Should I purchase a new omen machine yearly to always have features update? How can i dare recommending this brand to anyone else. Do not do the commercial this way Hp, please.

HP Recommended

This might be less likely, but I do hope HP would add this fan control function, or Performance Control as a whole to 2017 Omen models, because students like me, we buy these second-hand laptops and use these kinds of models that are just slightly behind *simply because we're broke* (I mean come on, it's only been 2 years). I'd really appreciate it if this is implemented in a future update.

HP Recommended

We understand don't worry 

i hope HP sees your comment and helps you out as well 

They need to support their products even if they are a year or two old 

and this feature should be a very simple software update that's all 

HP Recommended

Cannot agree more 

thank you for contribution and voicing your opinion 

HP Recommended

Thank you for voicing your opinion 

HP Recommended

I know right! If we look at other tech companies:

• Apple still have their latest iOS updates supporting older phones for many years
  • Microsoft has recently announced that Windows 7, which is a pretty old operator now, would only stop getting support by 2020
  • Logitech's latest G Hub software still supports many of the older models of their gaming accessories

I believe this should apply to HP's Omen products, too.

HP Recommended

What is wrong with HP? Why they doing this? Is my Omen X 17-ap020nr too old? Laptop wit very good CPU and GPU, can't have Fan Speed? Why HP???

This is just not to us, laptop cost 2000$ from the last year cant have fan speed is too bad.

HP Recommended

I totally agree 

we all paid alot for our laptops and should receive features we have been asking for for so long 

Hp listen to your customer and respond 

we want to be supported and we are not requesting alot 

thank you for voicing your opinion isko

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.