Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just recently I got this flashing transparent bar at the bottom of my laptop,it takes up about 1 1/2 inches of my bottom screen.It not my taskbar cause it goes pass it.Can someone tell me what this could be?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I forgot to add my specs of my laptop maybe that'll help get me some answers.

My Specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP
System Model: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
BIOS: F.33 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8034MB RAM
Page File: 8268MB used, 2191MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.1.8
DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0488 64bit Unicode
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 1650
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device

HP Recommended

Hi@MrBlackwell,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a  software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

Hi@MrBlackwell,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

`We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to be checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a  software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

So I chated with a agent and he did what he could he said and he wants me to have my laptop sent out to get repaired but I don't think I'll do it cause I need my laptop everyday.

HP Recommended

HI@MrBlackwell,

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'd be happy to help 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

HP Recommended

Heyo!, seems like you may be experiencing a premature dying screen or GPU is dying or driver is acting up.  You could also have an old bios too but less likely. How old is your computer it can do with age because laptops don't last as much as old computers? Could you send a picture?

Dalek Inside
HP Recommended

HI@DanIsaDalek,

Please click on the hyperlink below to install 

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.