Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-cx0201ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

Yesterday I bought the notebook "laptop"

And i have installed cs go and pubg mobile "tencent" on it  the games are run good but somtimes when i play i get some crash in game "fps drop"

I don't know why 

And the charger is plugged in 

Second thing 

Why if my charger not plugged in my fps run donwn to 30 

i need help

Wish some one can help me 😭😭😭

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The power plan isnt mandatory, besides you can simply create a custom plan with the Change Plan Settings button in the picture.

I would make sure your video drivers are up to date. The HP drivers are not current. The last update was Nov 2018.

You can use the Nvidia drivers directly from Nvidia if you wish. But enable Windows Restore Points first and create a new restore point before updating the drivers. System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support 

If you do use the Nvidia drivers directy from them, Know that you will probably lose the systems abiltiy for switchable graphics. This wont be a problem if you primarily use the laptop for gaming anyway.

Other things to look for would be other programs or services running at the same time you're gaming. To check this, open the Task Manager Ctrl/Alt/Del, click once on the CPU tab to show highest percentages at top. Then watch for anything that will start up durning the games low FPS, that is taking up lots of system resources. If you find something, you can disable it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Zain10 

All I can do is give you some pointers. Not sure if it will help your particular situation.

Why if my charger not plugged in my fps run down to 30?

This is normal. The system will throttle the hardware if gaming on battery only, to save battery power and heat.

Its always recommended to game while plugged in to the power cord.

You can change the Nvidia settings to favor full performance when on battery, but it still will not perform as good as plugged in. Plus it will make the battery recycle faster, bringing it to its end of life faster. Just saying.

i have installed cs go and pubg mobile "tencent" but sometimes when i play i get some crash in game "fps drop" and the charger is plugged in.

I cant speak for Tencent programs but Ive heard others having problems with it too. You would need to ask them about their software.

But for overall performance issues, make sure your Nvidia control panels "Preferred Graphics Processor" is set to play using the Nvidia card and not the Intel graphics or auto select.

Screenshot_2018-10-26 Re Hp omen laptop is lagging.png

Also set each game to use the Nvidia card via Prefer maximum performance.

Manage 3D Settings Nvidia.JPG

And finally, this might help a little, Windows Power Options...

High performance.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for assist me 

I have already done this steps and nothing change it did'nt  help me.

Also i can't try high performance battery  because i don't have this option in my laptop i only have hp recommended..

Wanna help please 😭😭 it's a new laptop 😔HP recommended  only no high performanceHP recommended only no high performance

HP Recommended

The power plan isnt mandatory, besides you can simply create a custom plan with the Change Plan Settings button in the picture.

I would make sure your video drivers are up to date. The HP drivers are not current. The last update was Nov 2018.

You can use the Nvidia drivers directly from Nvidia if you wish. But enable Windows Restore Points first and create a new restore point before updating the drivers. System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support 

If you do use the Nvidia drivers directy from them, Know that you will probably lose the systems abiltiy for switchable graphics. This wont be a problem if you primarily use the laptop for gaming anyway.

Other things to look for would be other programs or services running at the same time you're gaming. To check this, open the Task Manager Ctrl/Alt/Del, click once on the CPU tab to show highest percentages at top. Then watch for anything that will start up durning the games low FPS, that is taking up lots of system resources. If you find something, you can disable it.

HP Recommended

Hi  Thanks for help  Now it's work  But i got another problem  When my laptop is fully charged 100% if i unplugged the charger the battery is come directly to 98%

HP Recommended

The battery might need calibrating.

Turn the laptop off and have the power cord plugged in.

• Turn on the computer. Press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu displays, then continue to the next step.

• Click Component Tests in the main menu.
    HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen
  • In the list of Component Tests, click Power.
    Selecting the Power tests
  • In the list of Power Tests, click Battery Check or Battery.
    Selecting the Battery Test
  • On the Battery Test, click Run once.
    The Battery Test begins. The Battery Test takes about two minutes. The Battery Calibration, if needed, requires 2 to 4 hours. You can cancel at any time by pressing the Escape (Esc) key.
     Battery Test screen with Run once selected
  • When the testing is done, review the first line on the Battery Check page that displays for the status or condition of the battery.
    • If your battery passed, click Main Menu or click Battery Details for more information.
      Example of a passed Battery Check
    • If your battery failed, continue with these steps.
      Failed battery check

I doubt it will fail, but if it does, you would need to contact HP Suport for warranty help. Otherwise, the battery should now be calibrated.

HP Recommended

The bettary is passed and it's still have the same problem

What i can do now ?!

HP Recommended

The battery is still only going to 98% of full charge after calibrating?

Then Im not sure why its showing that. It might just be how that individual battery reacts.

All I can suggest is you contact HP Support since you are under warranty.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.