Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP gaming pc gtx 1050
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Random FPS drops in game..have tried to update drivers. No luck. For example FPS will be fine in lobby of fortnite or any game and then the second i start playing they drop from 160-180 in lobby to 30 in game. What can i do to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Caidelmo,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

What is the product number of your HP notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Does the FPS drop while using the laptop with the Adapter or without the AC adapter?

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Try the steps recommended below.

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

Also try updating the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP support assistant.

You can update the drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about Improving Video Game Performance or FPS on your PC.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.