Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1018ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have a problem with my laptop. To check the performance of the device in different conditions, I downloaded 3DMark, but before any tests I could notice that G-Sync could affect the test result and that it was recommended to disable G-Sync. In order to do this, I went to the NVidia Control Panel, but did not find anything about G-Sync there, although 3DMark claimed that it was recommended to disable it. Can I change the G-Sync settings on my laptop, if so, how? Should I turn off G-Sync if it is turned on? I ask you, if possible, to answer all my questions, as in this situation I am focused on the quality of your answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, your display panel does not support G sync. But you can connect an external monitor that has G sync capability.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello again @Tigran_1126 

Before I answer, let me know the status of you monitor...

• Your laptop, it has a 60Hz 1080p monitor panel, correct? At least that is what your specs show.
  • And you don't have an external gsync enabled monitor connected, correct?
HP Recommended

Yes, you right. I don't have an external g-sync enabled monitor connected and my laptop has 60hz display with 1080p resolution.

HP Recommended

In such case and according to the users on the Steam forum, you can ignore the warning about disabling G sync.

You don't have G sync enabled by default because you don't have a G sync enabled monitor connected.

Apparently NVIDIA has had a glitch for a couple of years now that triggers 3DMark to offer this warning.

Suggestions are...

- Ignore it. It is purely a warning. If you have no G-Sync monitor, it does not matter.

- Reinstall drivers with custom - perform a clean install which resets the settings

- Use NVIDIA Inspector tool to turn the G-Sync off. Download NVIDIA Inspector, go to NVIDIA Profile Inspector within the app, and all of your g-sync options will be available for you to change

Source... https://steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/144513248273233665/

HP Recommended

Thank you. So, does my laptop display support g-sync?

HP Recommended

No, your display panel does not support G sync. But you can connect an external monitor that has G sync capability.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.