2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Game FPS Dropped Dramatically

Omen 17-cb0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been playing a game on my laptop since I received it in December. Yesterday, the FPS/performance dropped dramatically. I haven't changed anything and the game didn't have an update over the weekend. I checked under the Update History, and it shows that on January 18th (right around when the problem started) NVIDIA installed a new display driver.

New NVIDIA Display Driver 26.21.14.4112

Previous NVIDIA Display Driver 26.21.14.3170

I don't know for sure if the new display driver is the issue, and I don't want to just start messing around with stuff.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
Level 12
888 885 84 207
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello, you can check if you have a restore point to restore your PC at it state before the problem: 

https://tunecomp.net/restore-windows-10-to-the-previous-state-using-a-restore-point/

If you can't, I don't see the 26.21.14.3170 Nvidia Driver on your PC's product page, but the 26.21.14.3086 is available here: Download

I am former Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.
0 Kudos
MorphicSpy
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you! Using System Restore seems to have fixed the problem.

How do I prevent that NVIDIA driver from being installed in the future?

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
888 885 84 207
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It is a problem from Windows Update so I recommend to you use this tool to hide this update: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-rei...

And if it is working please accept my solution 😉

I am former Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation