Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I want to do game stream my phone or ipad does not want to connect to my OMEN laptop (the screen goes dark then back on and an error is displayed on my phone/ipad that there was an connection error)

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Buddy393939

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you tried with an Android phone?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
  • No I didn’t make any changes to the changes to the Settings it was 1 hour out the box.
  • It never worked.
  • I did try it with à couple of Android phones.
HP Recommended

@Buddy393939 I appreciate you patience, that said, here's a few things you need to know & do:

First, check if the Game Stream is supported by your model: click here and look under the list of compatible features for details (it would help a great deal, if you could tell us, exactly which model you have: click here to find model information), And Second, if it is compatible, ensure you go through the complete setup process mentioned below:

The first time you open Game Stream, you are prompted to create a user account. Your account can only be created on a host PC. To use Game Stream, you must create an account.

1. On the sign in screen, first time users are directed create an account. Click Don't have an account? Sign up.

2. On the Create your HP account screen, fill in the information and click SIGN UP.

Fill in your information to create an account

3. A verification code is sent to your email. Fill in the email verification code and click Submit.

Fill in the email verification code

4. A screen verifies that your host account is set up.

NOTE: 

This screen disappears as soon as a client PC signs in with the same credentials.

Screen verifies that your host account is set up

5. Install OMEN Command Center from the Microsoft Store on your client PC.

6. Open OMEN Command Center on the client PC and log in using the same credentials as the host PC.

Game Stream is now ready for remote game streaming.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My model is OMEN 15-dc1150nb and is compatible with OMEN command center

HP Recommended

@Buddy393939 That's awesome, did you happen to complete the setup using the steps I had provided? If yes, go through the steps under game stream on how to use both hosting and other options on it: click here for details (same as before)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did everything and still it doesn’t want to work.

HP Recommended

@Buddy393939 Alright, to understand this better, what exactly are you doing? Are you hosting? or using a client's PC? 
Please let me know, so I can help you, accordingly.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My omen is the host.

HP Recommended

If I try to connect it says that it cant make a connection to the remote play servers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.