Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, so I have been using my laptop for a lot of gaming recently and I have noticed it has been overheating a lot but I didn't take much notice but now it's running slow in any and every game I try to play, my laptop runs normally apart from that and I have no issues it is just when I go into games its annoyingly slow so I was wondering if anyone could help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@EmilyRichards Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:-

Improving PC Performance and Gaming  (Windows 10)

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

try also to reroll back drivers…. drivers are made to support new models… so unless you have the rtx models gpu, i say use older drivers about a year newer when your card is released.

also make sure Online game is set to use the nvidia gpu and not the integrated one.

HP Recommended

try also to reroll back drivers.drivers are made to support new models. so unless you have the rtx models gpu, i say use older drivers about a year newer when your card is released .

also make sure game is set to use the nvidia gpu and not the integrated one

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.