Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop PC 15-ec2000 (2P6B1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

After I updated the BIOS of my laptop, I ran a game of League of Legends and all of a sudden, it's in fixed 16-17 fps. Tried other games as well, the Fortnite runs at 4 fps. 

I do not know what else to do; nothing has changed, I changed nothing on my personal settings yet all of a sudden, this happens. I do not know what else to do; virtual assistant not helpful at all, creating a case is a hassle, and nothing has been able to help me or at least give me an idea of what happened. 

Do I need to take this to the service center again? I don't wanna go on that same hassle anymore.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jeidough,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a display flickering issue with your HP Pavilion 15.6 Inch Gaming Notebook PC. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 
  • Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 
  • click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.

Update the BIOS, Chipset & Video, card drivers:

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here
  • Restart the PC and then try to play the games and check.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.