cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Giza2001s
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HDD Upgrade

HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15-dc0013nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have a Hp Omen 15-dc0013nq and I would like to get more storage. The laptop comes only with a M.2 SSD and I understand that it has a slot for another 2.5" HDD.

Now, I can't seem to figure out the size of the HDD. Is it a 9.5mm or a 7mm? I would like to know if a 2.5" SSD can be placed instead of the 2.5" HDD too.

Also, I can't find if the laptop has the brackets and the connector cable or if I have to buy them seperately. Note that the laptop didn't come with a HDD.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Giza2001s
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for your response! I've opened the laptop and indeed I have a hdd dummy and the brackets + connector as those were in there in the manual too.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 7,626 1,309 4,332
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Giza2001s 

It will support 7 to 9.2mm drive thicknesses and you can use a 2.5 inch SSD instead of a mechanical HDD.

But most likely, if the laptop didnt come with a 2.5 in drive already, the harness and brackets will be missing also.

You might find the parts somewhere like eBay, but if not, the HP Parts Surfer will offer the parts.

Its best to open the laptop case and see whats there before buying.

Hard drive cable connector 929450-001

Hard drive brackets 929561-001

Page 38 of the manual... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06034959

Giza2001s
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for your response! I've opened the laptop and indeed I have a hdd dummy and the brackets + connector as those were in there in the manual too.

Photoray002
Level 15
12,679 7,626 1,309 4,332
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You got lucky then. Just becuase its in the manual does not mean they are installed. But thanks. :Wink:

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation