Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0100tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day! I have a 5-month old HP OMEN 15 2018 and just now shows an audio issue which I do not know what is called (Please see attached video record).

Before the issue occurs, I was just watching full duration movie and has no creepy sound emerged even the volume was on maximum (video player & windows sound system). But when I played my second movie... in its starting minutes I noticed that the left speaker making a freaky noise when the movie made a loud sound effects or voice.

Recorded:

Take note that even I do not play video/music or sound effect in Windows 10. The sound issue happens. And the Realtek driver is updated. I have also done restarting my laptop. I tried to clean install the Realtek driver and the issue is still there.

May I know the possible problem of my speaker? It is a software or hardware issue(faulty speaker)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They will tell you what is supported. But a blown speaker would be covered under the hardware warranty.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @ninjaboogie 

Contact HP Support for a repair claim. The speaker sounds like it needs replaced.

Use this link for contact... Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site 

Choose your country of origin, then choose Support and follow the prompts.

HP Recommended

How long will it take to fix my speaker?

HP Recommended

This forum has no direct link with Support services. You will have to ask them when you contact them.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast response!

I only have Manufacturer Warranty. Does it cover the repair of my speaker?

HP Recommended

They will tell you what is supported. But a blown speaker would be covered under the hardware warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.