Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-12-2022 05:05 AM
My omen 15en-0004ax is pretty cool when unplugged. It is not more than 65 degrees when unplugged with all cores occupied. But, when I plug in, the temperature instantly shoots up to 95 degrees when all cores are occupied. As a result, the fans start running very fast. I also confirmed my CPUs are not overclocking when plugged in. It runs at the base clock speed (2900 MHz).
Can anyone please help me troubleshoot the problem? I want my laptop as silent as it remains when unplugged.
10-12-2022 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
(1) This problem has been reported several times. It can have single or combined causes:
- Unstable charger
- Charger jack connectivity problem
- Motherboard / Charging Logic error
- BIOS problem
(2) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)
--->>> Perform <all> tests
--->>> Focus on Component tests <AC Adapter / Battery>
See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests
when Windows doesn't start>
See how it works:
(3) Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )
( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community