Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wf0000 (755G1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello I have omen 16 I7 13700hx RTX 4070, I've had it for half a year, and it's worked fine up until a few weeks ago where the screen shuts off and the keyboard and trackpad doesn't work. The laptop is still on, I can hear the game. The only way I can turn it off is by connecting another screen and mouse and clicking shut down.

IDK if this is relevant, but even when my laptop isn't connected to any other displays it shows two displays, the iGPU is connected to an internal display and the GPU is connected to a wired one. I have no idea if this is the case, but I suspect that when I play a game it switched to discrete graphics and to this non-existent wired display that my 4070 is connected to. When I connect another display, the laptops internal display isn't recognised in display setting or device manager.

Additionally, the screen goes black if the charger is plugged in or the screen is at less than 80 ish-degree angle.

I've seen others facing very similar issues on message boards, but none seem to have a solution.

Please help, thank you for reading.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with my Omen 16 6650M and 6800H. The screen will go black only when plugged in and I'm guessing in "performance" mode. I have the issue every time the device comes out of a game or right before the game which I think is when the GPU takes over from the APU. All drivers are updated along with system and bios up to date. I am not sure what else to try but if you figure out a solution, please let me know if you don't mind. Thanks.

HP Recommended

HPomen sub reddit is flodded with omen 16s (2023) with the same problems I've described.

I'd suggest going there for any questions.

As for me, I'm still out of luck.

HP Recommended

Facing a similar problem with 

OMEN by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-wf0000

HP Recommended

Omen 16 2023 black screen dead keyboard problem. Hp designed a bad motherboard problem will happen with every unit in 5-6 months if you licky onlu options are refund money get an other different model from hp. Or disconnecting that connector that regulates sleep and hibernate than problem is solved but laptop wont sleep when closing the lid

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. This is insane. 1600 euros for this. I'm so mad. Never again hp. 

HP Recommended

True and taking no responsibility. I hope someone can sue hp for this. EVERY UNIT is effected changing motherboard wont help its the same board it will keep on happening sto waisting people time HP never buy HP what a joke of a company 

HP Recommended

If you want to be able to use your laptop again while gaming  you can disconnect that ribbon cable but your laptop.wont sleep or hibernate while closing the lid. That a fix for now but that shouldn't have happened to a new laptop expensive laptop. Selling a faulty design motherboard to consumers is not ok hp not taking responsibility is even worser i hope you will get sue 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.