Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-w000 Laptop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I DONT KNOW IF ITS BECAUSE OF THE DRIVER BUT AS SOON AS I RETURN TO PREVIOUS VERSION STOPS PLEASE HELP . I PREFER TO BE UPDATED ALWAYS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LEO555

Do you know which Windows update or when the problem started?

Since the Sound issue started after an update, follow these steps.

1. Start Device Manager. To do this, press and hold (or right-click) the lower-left corner of the desktop, and then select Device Manager.
  2. Locate and right-click the device that has the problem driver installed, and then select Properties.
  3. In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box, select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, if it's available.

Next Step.

1. Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
  2. To uninstall the unwanted update, select it from the list and then click Uninstall.

To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10.

Click Here to download the " Show and Hide Update " Troubleshooter.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

When you click the download link, you're prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab.

To run the troubleshooter, open wushowhide.diagcab, select Next and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @LEO555

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that your Notebook produces crackling sounds with the latest REALTEK HIGH driver.

I'd like to help

Please update the BIOS from Here, then update the driver from Device Manager

- In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
- In the list of devices, look for Audio and expand the list
- Right-click the driver and select Update Driver Software.
- Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated driver.
- Restart your computer to complete the installation of the updates.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you. 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello and nice to meet you mr KrazyToad i followed up your instruction and updated my Bios as you pointed after installation has finished i updated my high definition speakers to realtek high definition speakers which is the latest update and occured the same crackling sound . 

HP Recommended

Hi @LEO555

Do you know which Windows update or when the problem started?

Since the Sound issue started after an update, follow these steps.

1. Start Device Manager. To do this, press and hold (or right-click) the lower-left corner of the desktop, and then select Device Manager.
  2. Locate and right-click the device that has the problem driver installed, and then select Properties.
  3. In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box, select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, if it's available.

Next Step.

1. Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
  2. To uninstall the unwanted update, select it from the list and then click Uninstall.

To temporarily prevent the driver from being reinstalled until a new driver fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface to hide and show Windows updates and drivers for Windows 10.

Click Here to download the " Show and Hide Update " Troubleshooter.

Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.

When you click the download link, you're prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab.

To run the troubleshooter, open wushowhide.diagcab, select Next and then follow the instructions in the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mr KrazyToad thank you very much for your guidance what i actually did was to completely uninstall all my sound drivers and reinstall the new ones after that at the bang and olufsen program i clicked the option multiple flow speakers and everything works just fine even louder than before.

HP Recommended

Hi! @LEO555, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers the audio works fine.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi from Germany,

I also own a OMEN by HP - 17-w103ng and wanted to say thank you for this helpful entry.

After re installing Win 10 und new update to 1803 there was an anoying crack in the beginning of playing any sound. The sound in my head phones was also a little delayed.

Having de installed the current audio driverm restart and than installed "sp87168" the cracking noise out of the speaker disappeared and the working realtek audio driver is:

RTKVHD64.sys

HP Recommended

I found my problem i was watching a movie via VLC player... Afterwards the speaker came cracking... I tried to update, rollback, unistall.... But none of that works,. Try open the back cover and see if the speaker havw ripped or damaged and put a rubber glue only on the ripped damaged part. I say hp omen dont have that heavy duty hardware kinda makes me unsatisfied and they reply on problem really slow... 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.