Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Notebook PC 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've had this issue for months now and it's driving me crazy. Everytime I use my laptop, I get this randomly occuring freezing moments where everything stops but the mouse cursor for about 10-40 seconds. I went throught a lot of support thread but none of them were helpful. any ideas how can I fix this? 

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi @Qaffas

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is freezing randomly.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to fix this issue.

http://hp.care/2bMqwZD

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried most of these. none of them made a difference. 

it's not from overheating because it happens even if I just opened the laptop.

I need other solutions.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Qaffas

Thanks for posting back.

Have you done the recovery on the computer? If yes and still facing the same issue, I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on - HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Keep me posted and I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello fellow OMEN owner, and victim.

To my knowledge, this is a very widely known issue with the omen. The problem is there all the time, whether you're gaming or not, the freezing can happen but i find that the frequency of flareups increases when the laptop is at stress, i.e. gaming, temperature etc.

I made a post bout a year ago about this and received 0 support from HP, who even had the nerves to say that a gaming laptop is not supposed to play games.

Check out said link to see if this is the same problem for you, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Random-5-15-seconds-freeze-when-gaming-HP-Omen/m-p/503...

I have recently found an immediate fix for this issue, that is unplugging power supply to the laptop, however, this does not solve the issue, you'd have to do it everytime it happens. Really, for a "high end gaming laptop" over a thousand pounds, this is extremely unacceptable from HP and on behalf on other OMEN owners, I demand a proper response from HP instead of copy-pasted response.

Thank you for reading

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, I appreciate your reply and you I just don't understand how a company like HP sells a gaming device with this major defect yet can't provide a clear solution. Usually OMEN owner pay the extra money for the gaming experience and honestly with 30 second freezes your gaming experience goes from fun to tragic because you put so much effort into a game and then your laptop throws everything away by freezing. This has happened to me so many times that I started considering replacing my laptop with something from another laptop gaming company.

I'll try that out and thanks for the reply again.

HP Recommended

No one has contacted me yet. I'm in Kuwait and can provide a Kuwaiti phone number but other than that and my E-mail address there's not much I can do.

HP Recommended
Qaffas,

Can you please try unplugging power when the freeze happens and see if that resolves immediately? Not that i imply this as an acceptable solution, i am interested to see if your problem is pathologically identical to mine. I agree with you, this disaster with the omen is an absolute disappoint from HP.

BP
HP Recommended

I can confirm that when I unplug the power it starts working again. It seems that we both have the same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.