Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-ax210nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've got a problem with my HP Omen that i just got today. First of all the Icons on my desktop cant be placed close to the right side of the screen or the bottom. Also I noticed some programs and text boxes seemed really low resolution. almost blurry even. When I bought this laptop it was advertised as a 1920 x 1080 screen but when I checked this website it is saying it is much lower then that. That will explain the icons and the low resolutions programs. I added some screenshots so u can see for yourself. 

2017-05-16 (1).png

2017-05-16.png

My best guess is that it has something to do with the size of the screen 15.6 inch. Or a wrong screen got placed on my laptop. Videos are played in 1080p on youtube so im not sure what is going on. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

What often happens with full hd displays on a 15" screen is that Windows 10 automatically sets up with display scaling at 125% - I can't really tell from the images you've uploaded, but it would explain the 'positioning' issue and why some web pages report a lower resolution.

Anyway, you can check this via Start Menu, Settings, System.  Click on Display in the left hand pane and check the level of display scaling currently set - if it's 125% ( or higher ), try setting it back to 100%.

If you do adjust the level of display scaling, you'll need to log out, then log in again ( or just restart the notebook ) for some of the changes to take effect.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What often happens with full hd displays on a 15" screen is that Windows 10 automatically sets up with display scaling at 125% - I can't really tell from the images you've uploaded, but it would explain the 'positioning' issue and why some web pages report a lower resolution.

Anyway, you can check this via Start Menu, Settings, System.  Click on Display in the left hand pane and check the level of display scaling currently set - if it's 125% ( or higher ), try setting it back to 100%.

If you do adjust the level of display scaling, you'll need to log out, then log in again ( or just restart the notebook ) for some of the changes to take effect.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

this has indeed worked, some things like text and the taskbar are a bit small now but I think it is alot better then lower resolution websites and programs like steam. Everything is very sharp now. Yeah it basicly just cut 25% of my resolution for some reason. 

It has been solved. Thankyou very much! Just a windows problem HP did a  very good job on the laptops.

Greetings 

HP Recommended

You're welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.