Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I have now owned my laptop for a year, the past 4 months has been shocking when attempting to game on my laptop. So much so that I ended up buying a console. It's depressing seeing a machine that I purchased specifically for gaming just pretty much die on me so soon. The gaming experience has been shocking. I play the same games all the time. 

My current favorite game is Euro Truck Simulator 2. Does not require a lot to run the game on max and it was SMOOTH the first couple of months of owning my laptop, I loved it. Now I have delays when gaming and jittering with lagging. I have screen recorded my experience so you can see. The laptop cost me 1.5k and it really is shocking to see that it can't run a simple game that really doesn't require a lot. 

I have warranty and I am stuck on what to do at this point. What is the actual fix to this? I have been given temporary fixes that are hit and misses. They sometimes work and other times don't work. I am really upset as I saved up for 3 years and also did A LOT of research to buy the best product for my needs and it was the beautiful HP Omen 15 2020 but it just turns out to be horrible in the end.

I even opened up the laptop to clean it and repasted the thermal paste but this did nothing. Seriously I am defeated. I have people with $400 machines running the game better than I could. This should not be the case. Can you please support me? Thank you.

I have linked a clip to show my experience.

Thanks

Aden

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.