Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0010ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, thank you.

I bought my laptop about 1.5 years ago and after couple of months, I started noticing some small problems regarding the battery life. I would be able to use my laptop until it hits 10% and beyond that, it could shut down at any point (5~10%). I thought it was normal for gaming laptops to do that but ever since my friend told me that his Omen never did that, I started wondering where the problem is. Another problem is that if my laptop is not on charge and I'm using it in the middle of class, it could shut down despite having 30-50% battery. Worst thing is that I close my laptop, there is a chance it might die on me even if it has enough battery. It also sometimes gives me this error "HP battery alert" (Its about low temperature detected) and it doesn't make sense because I am in a 28°C and if I plug it in, I wouldn't get this error. I manually update my bios every month and I did run a battery check with the HP diagnostics and the battery is okay. The only upgrades i have made with my laptop are switching the 12GB ram for 2 Hyper-X 16GB Ram sticks. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Avish05 

My machine also is an HP Omen 15-dc0xxx. I posted my problem with its battery few times, I'm not going to repeat here.

>>> it could shut down at any point (5~10%). I thought it was normal for gaming laptops

For the above problem, that is from Windows, by default Windows gives a magic number, which is 7% . You can change that number, please try

(a) Right click battery icon and select Power Options,

(b) Click Change Plan settings (for current plan),

(c) Click Change advanced power settings,

(d) Scroll down to the end and expand Battery,

(e) Expand Low battery level and change %

(f) Also for Critical battery level %

(g) Click Apply/Ok

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, I was able to solve part of the problem! But is there any way that i can find out why when I close my laptop, it just completely shuts down and the only way to power it back on is by plugging it in! That remains my biggest concern at the moment. Is it a hardware failure, is there something wrong with my settings, those are the problems i am looking for answers at the moment!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.