Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dc1007tx I7+8GB Nvidia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
OMEN By HP 15-dc1007tx I7+8GB Nvidia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

My life's first high end laptop which has tensed me since i bought it...… as it is overheating that too up to 97 degrees CPU. While playing fortnite the CPU was getting up to 97 degrees and GPU over 70 degrees all the time, that's my life's first good gaming laptop, so i don't know if that's how it should be,

My system, BIOS & all drivers are already up to date, Graphics drivers are all updated and also

i have read the previous solutions by @Tech_4_Life, @Skirmich and @StevZak3 but the XTU software is not recommended for 8750H and moreover the latest software version no more possesses the same settings. I am really stuck pls help me with the best possible solution, Your help would be highly appreciable.

i would appreciate u guys helping me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have found a Two step solution:

First i stopped the intel-Trubo-boost in the Power Setting and then:

i selected the "Comfort mode" in "Omen Gaming Hub" while playing the game........... it reduced the temperature by 10 degrees

Do share if this worked for you as well

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, are you using OMEN Gaming Hub APP? in the "Performance control" which mode are you select? And what tools are you using to check CPU temperature

HP Recommended

Yes, i checked the temperature from Gaming Hub and Additionally by MSI afterburner, irrespective of mode the temperature constantly remains above 95 degrees all the time any game/heavy application is run. 

HP Recommended

I have found a Two step solution:

First i stopped the intel-Trubo-boost in the Power Setting and then:

i selected the "Comfort mode" in "Omen Gaming Hub" while playing the game........... it reduced the temperature by 10 degrees

Do share if this worked for you as well

HP Recommended

Actually in "performance" mode, system will be running as higher power as possible, so the Intel CPU temperature upper limitation will be set as around 97C. so this is why when you run heavy loading games, the CPU temperature achieves 97C. This is as design.

HP Recommended

But i don't know why the fans donot work at full speed (90%++) in performance mode, rather when i switch to comfort mode and play games then the fans auto adjust to the best speed which is weird 

What you said about performance mode .... isn't constant temperature of 97 degree C for 5-6 hours stretch bad for Laptop/Chipset/Motherboard ?

( in fact my laptop did suddenly shutdown due to excessive heat )

Also, pls help me if there's any easy to use software by which we can keep the fan speed to 90% while gaming?

HP Recommended

My Omen 15 is heating up to around 97C CPU and in the mid 70s for the GPU with non intensive activities.

HP is really taking the matter very seriously and although I have next day on site support they say it’ll take 3 weeks to repair.

What a joke of an org!

On the plus side I can stop using it as a PC but can cook my breakfast on it. 

If anyone has had a similar issue and what HP advised then that’ll be great.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.