Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 en1036ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop is reaching temperatures of 95+ degree celsius while playing AC Odyssey and the fans are at auto in the OMEN gaming hub software. The laptop is just a week old since I bought it. It doesnt happen during other games but in AC Odyssey specifically and also there spikes of 100% cpu usage during the game which stutters the fps or drops fps. what should I do to solve this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Did you buy it from Flipkart? i am having the same issue. In light games like FIFA 21 or rocket league the temps are reaching 97-98 and during cinebench r23 test CPU touched 100 degrees. 

HP Recommended

@Dangerin @GEEKY_09 

All machines (desktops or notebooks .... ) will get hot and gotter when play games (light to heavy) or doing heavy works. Your machine would get over 90°C when play games which require a lot power of CPU and GPU.

The only option is to make machines run cooler. There are many way such as water cooled, water chilled, ... (I worked on machines using same cooling system as a car radiator before. I also worked on machines using chilled water run over the roofs and lately machines to run cooling system which is very similar to a fridge) .

For notebooks, please try

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/best-laptop-cooling-pad

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

That's fine but my concern is CPU temperature touching 100 degrees celsius during cinebench r23(CPU test).Generally, at 100 degrees the laptop should automatically shut down to prevent damage but mine doesn't. Also, the room temperature is below 12 degree celsius plus its a 3-week old laptop only.

HP Recommended

Yes I got it from Flipkart, my temps are fine during light games like valorant. I am not sure if Fifa is a light game but Rocket league should be. I also didnt face issue in shadow of the tomb raider but only in AC Odyssey with frame drops and temps, could be because odyssey itself is unoptimized but not sure. Try setting the FANS at MAX in OMEN Gaming hub, I find that helps in controlling the temps but mine in auto goes beyond 95 at some points.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Actually I went to my nearest service centre and they told my that its an adapter issue because the temps were touching 100 degrees  only when laptop was plugged in without it it was under 70°c while heavy usage. Now waiting for the adapter replacement. Will update once I recieve the new adapter. To those having this kind of issue please check if temps are going high without charger plugged in

HP Recommended

But that is obvious? I do not know how you've understood it but obviously when your adapter is plugged in it will reach higher temps because your laptop is able to draw more power. While in battery I dont think its possible for the laptop to draw in that much power and hence it would not get as hot. So I am not sure it might be due to the adapter but please provide update if your heating issue gets solved once you try with the new adapter

HP Recommended

No Changing adaptor didn't help. Raised a complaint lets see what happens now

HP Recommended

Got the Solution to the problem.

Watch this video and follow the steps. It may reduce 5-6 FPS but the temps are very controlled under 75-80 degree celsius.

Here is the Link

[content removed}

Please Mark as helpful if it works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.