Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-09-2022 03:14 AM - last edited on 07-11-2022 06:06 AM by MarcusC
The left click button on my touch pad stops working and it starts to work only when I reinstall the driver and shutdown down and then powerup. A restart alone does not work.
Laptop model: Omen 16.1, product code: 49J01PA
Touchpad driver: ELAN Input device
Anyone knows how to fix this issue?
07-12-2022 08:34 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- When was the last time it worked fine?
- What is the exact product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (Refer to the removable and sealed battery)
BIOS default:(do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
And, also kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community