Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-b0000 (2W6A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, This is kind of a community support post. So I have been facing this issue quite frequently that my HP Omen 16's touchpad would be very laggy and unresponsive. After disabling and enabling using the hot key it would immediately start working properly. But after sometime it had the same, so touchpad was almost unusable. After trying multiple solutions like driver update, os change etc I could not get this fixed until I found a post on reddit by a guy named "cupcakeman928"  who found the fix.
What he did was just grounded the touchpad so there is no static charge around touchpad and I tried his solution and it is working like a charm. 
I'm not sure if it voids your warranty as you have to open back panel but I'm so happy that I got it fixed and my touchpad is useable now. You can see his reply on the post here: 
Post Link

Thanks A lot. I really hope that HP could solve this out using some driver update or something or at least they can mention this solution on this platform. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is the ONLY real fix to this issue. Cupcake is the man. Cupcake linked a video I made with his fix as well at that link. If you do this fix. It will work 100% I just did it with my RTX 3070 Omen 17 laptop and it's perfect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.