Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Laptop Omen 16-wd0063dx

Last night I was playing a game on my laptop, when all of a sudden it cut off. I had the AC adapter plugged into it, and after an hour or two I went to turn it on. The light on the power button lit up and I heard the fans working for a few seconds, but nothing came up on the screen and the Caps Lock key had a light that flashed a couple of times slowly, then flashed rapidly, which (from what I've read) indicates either a battery/power issue, or clogged up vents (which i confirmed to not be the issue as both fans ran fine and have zero dust on them). I've tried:

-draining any power from it (with the AC adapter and any other peripheral unplugged) through a hard reset

-checked to see if the RAM is fully seated

-removed the battery, did the power drain as listed above, then reinstalled the battery

-disconnected and reconnected the display in the motherboard

-did the RAM test (removed one RAM stick, turned the cpu back on, nothing changed, inserted the RAM back in and took out the 2nd RAM stick, powered it back on)

-disconnected the battery, RAM, and WiFi cables (which required the heat sink to be removed), then held down the power button for 40+ seconds to drain any power remaining, then putting everything back together, and turning the laptop on

None of these worked, and I've only had the laptop for a few months.

I am not a computer whiz by any means, and I have no external display as I am currently away from home, but if there is anything I could try, please let me know.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @BraveKaiser,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop that is not powering on and has lights blinking.

Follow the below steps to fix the issue.

-Perform a drain on your PC.

1) Unplug the power cord from the PC & wall.

2) Disconnect the power cable from the AC adapter if it is a detachable part and keep it aside.

3) Press and hold the power button down for 15 seconds and release the power button, wait for about 30 seconds.

4) Plug the power cord back into the AC adapter, then connect it to the wall and to the charging port on your PC.

5) Power on the PC and check if it boots into Windows now.

- Kindly refer to the steps on this link to troubleshoot and let me know if that resolves the issue.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.