Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Omen ACPI.SYS Dpc Latency

OMEN by HP - 15-dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, im having issues with acpi.sys taking up 1ms of latency and can hear crackles when playing an instrument on ableton live. I have tried everything written on websites and have clean installed the operating system several times with different windows 10 builds. heres a list of various things i have tried

-clean install like 5 or more times lol

-disabled every device on device manager to see whats the culprit also disabled control method battery and it did not work.

-tried every bios except the first two

-changed power setting to max performance

also when moving the mouse wdf01000.sys spikes up to .5 ms but i  dont know if thats normal. 

I dont know if this is useful but i also upgraded the nvme ssd  to a 1tb nvme  and also upgraded the hdd to an 1tb ssd the first day i got it, and performed a clean install of the os using a usb stick.

Any help would be appreciated as i have spent a hefty amount of money on this laptop for music and im sad.

-

2 REPLIES 2
Intern
Intern
60 57 0 23
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, please provide usage graph of your CPU cores as soon as you notice the latency.

I'm afraid that you're one of us:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/High-CPU-Usage-System-ACPI-sys-GPE-L6F-Storm-Omen-15-...

george51136 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for replying to this question. My cpu usage remains the same when the crackles happen there's no spikes on cpu usage. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation