Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc1030nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not sure if this is the right board to post this in, will delete and remake the topic if needed.

I'm having issues with the HP OMEN Audio Control app. When I open the app, it immediately closes itself before anything can load. Tried terminating and resetting the app as well as uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing worked. I believe this might be an issue with the newest app update but I'm not 100% sure. Does anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Bumping this to see if anyone else is having this problem or if they've found a fix.

HP Recommended

@wrnines Here's what you need to do:

Click here to download the latest OMEN Command Center to resolve this issue.

If the issue persists, Click here to find and install the Bios and chip-set driver updates,

If the issue persists, is recover the original application from the recovery manager: Click here for instructions to retain the original Omen controller.

The only other thing to do is to uninstall the software and install a fresh copy from the Microsoft store: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Omen Command Center isn't the app I'm having trouble with. Never even mentioned it, and it works just fine anyways. Omen Audio Control is the one that's giving me issues.

HP Recommended

@wrnines Most user's refer to the Omen command center, hence my confusion, my bad!

here's what you need for the Omen audio control app:

Download the latest Realtek Audio drivers from hp support. Run the installer, it will extract the files and try to install but fail halfway saying that the driver does not support the o.s version. (in other words, it will only work with an older version of windows not the latest updates). 

Go to the extracted files at c:\SWsetup

Search for a folder called APPX

In this folder you will find 'f634d290d8be4f529dbff6284f415227.appxbundle'

Run this package and it will install the omen audio control center.

Keep me posted

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried this multiple times already, and I got the same result this time. The installation never fails and completes without any issue, and I can't find any APPX folder in SWsetup afterwards.

HP Recommended

@wrnines I suggest you check if the SWsetup folder is hidden, here's how to reveal hidden folders:

• Open File Explorer from the taskbar. 

• Select View Options > Change folder and search options.

• Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did that, no new folders appeared.

HP Recommended

@wrnines The only other way out of this, is to go to the device manager, uninstall and delete the audio drivers, restart the computer for the generic audio driver to be installed automatically, once done, go back to the HP website and download the latest version of the Audio drivers and then, reinstall the software before you check if it works.

Keep me posted

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.