Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen CE073TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Please confirm, Is this temperature normal for laptop HP Omen CE073TX in idle.

Only Microsoft Edge is running in foreground.

The temperatue is always around 60 degree when ever lsptop is turned on while connected to power adapter.

Thanks in Advance!

Annotation 2019-03-22 003845.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@aaravindan9,

Yes, it is normal. When the battery is getting charged it generates heat and it causes a rise in the temperature and it also depends on the power plan you have selected for the AC adapter and the battery.

I recommend you use the HP recommend power plan for both battery and AC adapter and check if it makes a difference.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@aaravindan9,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I would like to inform you that 60 degree is normal. However, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Fossette! for your response.

i always keep the drivers and windows updates upto date.

But i would like to point out that as soon as i disconnect the power adapter from the laptop the temperature drops by 10 to 15 degrees for both CPU and GPU.

Is that normal as well?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!Annotation 2019-03-24 031853.png

HP Recommended

@aaravindan9,

Yes, it is normal. When the battery is getting charged it generates heat and it causes a rise in the temperature and it also depends on the power plan you have selected for the AC adapter and the battery.

I recommend you use the HP recommend power plan for both battery and AC adapter and check if it makes a difference.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you The_Fossette!

Really appreciate your response!

HP Recommended

@aaravindan9,

You're welcome!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On my Omen 17 an101na the Omen Command Center is stuck on 70 degrees C whether on battery of mains power.  It is reading the wrong value from somewhere because the Intel Xtreme Tuning App is telling me that the CPU temperature is only 40 degrees C.  The 70 degrees C on OCC doesn't change whatever I do.

XTU vs Omen Comman Center CPU temperature.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.