Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5213dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently took in my laptop for support at Geek Squad because my LED's under the keyboard had broken upon taking a fall in my backpack. On the first visit, they replaced the keyboard and touchpad. When I recieved it back, the lighting worked perfectly, but the computer kept overheating. Additionally, the computer's left side speaker wasn't working anymore. So, I took it back in to them and they replaced the keyboard and touchpad again, as well as the speakers, battery, and motherboard. I now have the computer back again and it works perfectly, except for the fact that I can't use HP OMEN Control. It just doesn't work. I've uninstalled, redownloaded about 30 times, installed and reinstalled the system event utility, and tried rebooting the computer over and over again. Nothing works. Hoping I can get some help? Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try forcing a BIOS update as well as an OS refresh then.

I believe the BIOS was tied to this somehow, too. (I may be wrong, but it won't hurt.)

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Are the lights on at all?

I was going to suggest the System Event stuff, but you've done that.

Worst case is do a Windows Reset that keeps your personal files and then reinstall everything from the Drivers site; jus to give everything a fresh start.

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Yes, the lights are on but they're stuck on red all the time.

HP Recommended

Try forcing a BIOS update as well as an OS refresh then.

I believe the BIOS was tied to this somehow, too. (I may be wrong, but it won't hurt.)

I am an HP Employee
-----
HP Recommended

How might I go about doing this?

HP Recommended

You can download the Softpaq and run it within windows as usual. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
-----
HP Recommended

iMaxx wrote:

You can download the Softpaq and run it within windows as usual. 🙂

Ran the Softpaq and updated the BIOS, restarted computer and still nothing. Lighting changes still don't work.

HP Recommended

Ok stand by. Let me ask about.

I am an HP Employee
-----
HP Recommended

Great news, I reset the PC OS while keeping all my files, and it worked! So excited to finally have my keyboard back to it's original glory, thank you so much for the help!

HP Recommended

That's fantastic!
Glad to help! 🙂

I am an HP Employee
-----
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.