Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Running games like Overwatch when i first purchased this computer was a breeze, but lately (more like for the past year or so) my laptop has been running Overwatch with very choppy FPS (Runs 60 FPS on high settings but every 5-7 seconds it freezes and drops to 20 then shoots back up), making it almost unplayable. I have tried every setting, even low settings (which makes me wonder why I spent $1000+ to be running games like Overwatch on low settings), and the result is the same which makes me think it's not an issue in the game. Games such as Modern Warfare and Valorant have had similar issues and it's very frustrating. I have already altered my power settings to max performance and always have my laptop plugged in, and I have reset this laptop about twice to see if that works. I have tried what most guides say to try like updating my graphics card or my bios to no avail. Some help/tips would be appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It could be the RAM issue, because I was having that with a single Samsung 8GB ddr4 RAM stick when playing skyrim. So having it up to 16GB in dual channel can solve it. Or you may need to reseat the RAM to fix it. 

HP Recommended

disable fullscreen optimization, do it by locating the overwatch.exe, then right click, properties, compatibilities tab, tick disable fullscreen optimization, it will boost your fps but not by much.

i am still trying to fix this, bcs my nvidia gpu usage suddenly dropped to 40%, before it was 99%. i should be getting 100 fps in csgo, but only 40-60. and hp support is not helping whatsoever, all theyre telling you to do is to reset.

i didnt buy a 1000$ machine to get beaten buy my friends 300$ laptop

HP Recommended

DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) can get the job done. It wipes all registry and drivers in regarding to GPU and or audio drivers provided by Nvidia/Intel/AMD. And you can reinstall the GPU driver as if it is brand new. You have to have it boot into safe mode before you can uninstall and wipe the drivers to GPU/Audio.

It is safe, not only I had tested it. So have many others. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.